COME SING WITH US!
Audition to Become a Part of this Emmy-Nominated Organization!
Open Auditions are ongoing by special appointment!
The Fort Bend Boys Choir invites boys ages 8 – 13 with unchanged voices to audition to be a part of one of America’s largest and most prestigious choirs. Eligible boys will join three decades of music excellence, travel locally, nationally and internationally on tour, learn multi-cultural music and establish lifetime friendships.
We guarantee every choir member a world-class music education and one of the most significant experiences of his life. Call now to schedule an audition—prior musical experience is not necessary! The only requirement to audition for placement into the Fort Bend Boys Choir is that boys must be at least 8 years old or in the 3rd grade with an unchanged voice. Open auditions occur twice a year in early December and late April or early May during the school year at the First United Methodist Church-Missouri City, 3900 Lexington Blvd., Missouri City, TX. During the summer months and over winter break, auditions are ongoing; simply call for a special appointment. Fill out the online form on our Request an Audition page to schedule an audition. Rehearsals for our 35th anniversary Spring 2017 performance season start on Thursday, January 5th!
Below are some qualities we look for:
- A love of singing.
- A free and controlled tone which will blend well with other voices and good sense of pitch.
- Must be self-disciplined. Good behavior in the organization is positively enforced.
- Should be passing all subjects and have a good conduct grade.
- Must provide transportation to all rehearsals and concerts. Car-pooling is available and encouraged.
- Upon acceptance of your boy, a two-hundred dollar ($200.00) tuition fee per semester (for Training Choir) is payable at the first regular rehearsal of each semester (Total $400.00 per year). Scholarships and payment plans are available.
Audition Procedure (The audition usually takes five minutes after being called)
- Check singing range.
- Sing Happy Birthday or the first verse of My Country ‘Tis of Thee.
- Sing several short melodic patterns dictated by the piano.
It is the intent of the organization to assure that no boy is denied the opportunity to participate in the program due to financial consideration. Scholarships are available. In addition to the boy’s tuition, attempts are made for funding through charitable contributions and fund raising activities, which involve both parent and choir member participation.
This is a private, non-profit organization not associated with any school system. The selection of the membership and music used by the organization is exclusively done by the Founder/Artistic Director of the Fort Bend Boys Choir and his staff. During Christmas holiday concerts, seasonal music including that of a religious nature is performed. The organization consists of three performing ensembles – the Training, Town and Tour Choirs. Each is designed to meet only during the academic school year. In the event of a school music program and a choir rehearsal or concert, boys will attend their school music program.
Notifications of the audition results are sent by mail within one week to your home. If you have any questions, please contact the choir office at 281-240-3800 or check out our Frequently Asked Questions section for answers.