The state of ‘our’ boys . . .
America’s boys – from the latest research and statistics 2014
* Arrests of boys 16 and under represent more than 80% of all juvenile arrests for boys and girls combined.
* Over 98% of all mass shootings in schools and other public places are by teenage boys or young men.
* Almost three-quarters of all juvenile cases prosecuted in court are committed by boys.
* Young boys who grow up in homes without fathers are three times more likely to end up in jail.
* 78% of all boys who commit suicide are from fatherless homes.
Fort Bend Boys Choir boys – from the latest observations (1982 – present)
* Our boys gain pride and positive self-esteem from participation in our programs.
* Grades and feelings of self-worth improve from participation in our programs.
* Bullying and being mean decrease while making more friends and learning about themselves increase from participation in our programs.
* Respect for adults and others increase along with better manners and civility from participation in our programs.
* Boys learn to impact hundreds of lives forever in a meaningful and positive way with their beautiful singing from participation in our programs.
The Fort Bend Boys Choir has long been aware of this and has proven that boys participating in our programs grow up more secure and feel better about themselves and the world they live in through the empowerment of vocal music consistently done at a high level.
So, to be the change you want to see in the world . . . if you know a boy who could benefit from all of this, please send him our way. Help more of America’s boys become Fort Bend Boys Choir boys!