In my continuing talks with the boys, we were deciding recently how to define certain words to someone who does not know the meaning . . . the really true meaning. Some words were difficult for them to define and here is what words we [they] came up with, that they felt were some of the most important words to start off 2020 with:
- Once, a small church congregation decided to pray for rain, as it had been unusually dry for many months. On the day of the prayer, all the people gathered . . . but only one ten year old boy came with an umbrella. That is Faith.
- When fathers are playing with their young sons and sometimes throw them into the air, the boys laugh because they know their Dad will always catch them. That is Trust.
- Each night we go to bed, pretty sure that we will wake up the next morning, yet many of us set an alarm clock to wake up. That is Hope.
- We all plan big things for the future in spite of no knowledge or real assurance of the future. That is Confidence.
- All over the entire world, children are suffering, but still, we get married and hope to have children. That is Love.
- One of the boys saw an older man’s t-shirt that said, “I am not 80 years old; I am sweet 16 with 64 years of experience.” That is Attitude. [Now this is one I can really relate to!]
There was also a word that has a negative connotation to it and we changed it accordingly:
- FEAR – Forget Everything And Run or Face Everything And Rise!
I’m always so impressed at their maturity and thought process which is far beyond their young years.
And of course, at their amazing singing abilities too!
All of us hope that 2020 will be everything you need and want.